Bud Light Plans New ‘Mixx Tail’ Flavored Beers

Anheuser Busch InBev is planning a new Bud Light line extension – flavored beers called ‘Mixx Tail.'”

Anheuser Busch Mixx Tail

A-B InBev is continuing their quest to make flavored beers socially acceptable. Not satisfied with just one Bud Light-branded line of wine coolers, the company is rolling out Mixx Tail. The new line will feature nondescript flavors like Hurricane and Firewalker, along with a traditional Long Island Ice Tea flavor. Because the world needs yet another “hard iced tea.”

The goal here must be to join forces with the existing Bud Light Ritas line, thus cornering the market on not-beers. Clearly, A-B InBev is hoping to lure those darned indecisive millennials, who can never choose whether they want a beer or a cocktail.

Enter Mixx Tail, a product that allows them to have both a beer and a cocktail simultaneously, eliminating the need for decisiveness. (Which, when you think about it, is the exact same marketing strategy behind Bud Light Ritas.)

I’ve always referred to these types of beverages as wine coolers. The rebranding to “flavored beer” is definitely a smart move, because there is absolutely nothing cool about drinking a wine cooler. Therein lies the rub with all these products – at heart, these are still wine coolers we’re talking about.

The bottom line, in my opinion, still comes down to the same problem as Bud Light Ritas. A-B InBev is going to have to do a whole lot of convincing to get any millennial to view a Mixx Tail Hurricane as anything different from the bottle of Bartles & Jaymes their great-aunt drank at the family reunion.

Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts

Standard

16 thoughts on “Bud Light Plans New ‘Mixx Tail’ Flavored Beers

1. Michael says:

Wow! This is a news to me, I wasn’t aware about it so thank you.

Howard Davidson Arlington MA for sharing this information. Hmmm, I quite liked Bud light, so I hope that their new offering is also exiting but you can only know about these things after you taste them 🙂

2. Steve says:

Guess what Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts, I have a bottle of Bud light in my freezer for tonight 🙂 Yeah, I have heard about their new offerings in the market and I think people are liking it but I like it the old way…

3. Steve says:

Yes, I had a chance to taste this new product a few days ago. It was good but not great. Still, I believe that it will be able to create its own market. Good Job Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts for mentioning it here, I am sure not many would be aware about this yet.

4. Hashim says:

Hey Howard Davidson Arlington MA, how are you? Yep, I have had the new Bud Light Mixx Tail and it is good. If you are a fan of Bud light like me than you will also enjoy its richness in taste… So I guess I will say: Cheers, Howard Davidson Arlington MA!

5. Henry says:

I haven’t tasted it myself but have heard a lot of positive things about it so I am sure it will be good. Good post Howard Davidson Arlington MA, you always have something interesting to share…

6. Vermin says:

Bud Light Plans New ‘Mixx Tail’ Flavored Beers? I’m in. Pour me a tall one, a short one, a shot. Sounds awesome. Whatever they do I like them….I am sure it will be good..Thank you Howard Davidson Arlington MA letting me know.

7. Barry says:

I had this drink last weekend and absolutely loved it…You must try it sometime Howard Davidson Arlington MA. I bet, you will fall in love with it 🙂

8. Stephen says:

Flavored Beer, Wow, I have always loved them..With holidays on, I don’t think it will be a bad idea to try one of those….Thank you Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts for sharing this piece of information with us.

9. Mitchell says:

Nothing can energize your evenings more than the can of a delicious beer and this is what this new bud light did for me. Yes, I tasted it and loved it. It has a good taste and is sweet on the throat. If you haven’t tried it yet, you should. Thank you Howard Davidson Arlington MA for writing about it.

10. Waron says:

Yes, Bud has done a good job indeed with their new drink, it is refreshingly good and tastes awesome…You must try this one Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts, I am sure you are going to enjoy it.

11. Jack says:

I tasted this beer last night and found it soothingly refreshing. I think they have done a good job with it. Nice to taste something different and good. Thank you Howard Davidson Arlington MA for sharing this with us.

12. Moises says:

I Love this new drink, something different and refreshing. I noticed that this drink is getting mixed reactions from the market but that is okay. In coming few days, it will definitely make its mark. Thank you Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts for writing about them.

13. Stuart says:

I had tasted this drink and found it good…It is not that expensive either…So, I wouldn’t mind recommending it to someone who want to try something different…

14. Alistair says:

Hey Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts,

Hope you are fine! No matter what Bud light does they aren’t able to impress me..I always try their efforts in a hope that they will be better than their predecessors but they always disappoint. Yes, some people will like this new taste but it is definitely not for me.

15. Andrew says:

Yes, this taste is creating right kind of buzz for Bud light. I haven’t tasted it myself but my friends had a lot to say about it…Interesting post to share Howard Davidson Arlington MA..

16. Kane says:

I had tasted this drink and found it good…So, i assume that it will do well in the market…Good thinking by the brand and well written Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts.