John Wall Sees Too Far Into The Future In Foot Locker Ad

In a new 70-second ad for Foot Locker, Washington Wizards guard John Wall gets a prophetic look into his future – and doesn’t like everything he sees.

John Wall Sees Too Far Into The Future In Foot Locker Ad

In a hilarious new spot, Foot Locker casts NBA star John Wall as a man who learns a bit too much about his own future. Referring to it as “The Process,” Wall’s friend tells him that – now that he has his own signature shoe at Foot Locker – his destiny awaits him.

This destiny includes becoming an all-time legend on the court, having his number retired, and opening a pretty awesome chicken-wing restaurant. It also includes being fleeced by his accountant and losing it all…before the release of Wall’s new “retro shoe” at Foot Locker revives his life.

The old adage, “It’s funny because it’s true,” fits this spot perfectly, as the future predicted by Wall’s friend is all too common among ex-pro athletes. The casting is commendable as well. Wall is a natural in front of the camera, easily holding his own with the professional actors in the spot.

The 70-second ad, created by BBDO New York, definitely takes some dark turns along the way, but Wall’s performance keeps it light. My favorite moment is when future-Wall, complete with a beer belly and a bad tie, does a local car commercial – a staple of hilariously bad pro-athlete endorsements. (This legendarily awful spot starring the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder is a perfect example.)

It helps that I actually like the shoes, as well. In contrast to the gaudy designs most other players choose, Wall’s kicks look like something a normal person would actually wear. All told, I can’t think of anything I dislike about this spot – and if you know me, you know that’s saying an awful lot!

Howard Davidson Arlington MA

Standard

9 thoughts on “John Wall Sees Too Far Into The Future In Foot Locker Ad

1. Ross says:

I haven’t seen this commercial but I love John Wall, so I am sure I am going to love it when I see it. But your already had painted a rough image about it through your post, so well done on that Howard Davidson Arlington Ma. Let’s see how it goes when I actually get to see this Ad.

2. Joe says:

John Wall is at it again 🙂 Just saw the commercial yesterday and found it extremely interesting. Well Done John Wall and well done Howard Davidson Arlington Ma for presenting this post in such a nice manner.

3. Liam says:

Oh John Wall, you are such a star…Absolutely loved him in this new commercial 🙂 Good Job Howard Davidson Arlington MA for writing about it, loved it!

4. Jay says:

Yes, I know what you are talking here Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts, John Wall as always adorable and funny 🙂 Loved him in his new act, nothing unusual or creative though but still worth watching….

5. Paul says:

John Wall you have nailed it again mate. Simply superb! Good Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts if you like me are a fan of John Wall 🙂

6. Craig says:

Yes, I saw this commercial. John Wall sure has a big following… I am not his biggest admirer but I liked him in this ad. Good work Howard Davidson Arlington MA, you have written this well.

7. William says:

Love John Wall for his skills…It is good to see him back after a brief halt. You did a good thing Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts by writing about him…Nice read!

8. Ridley says:

Whatever John Wall does, he looks class apart and this is exactly what I felt about this new commercial as well. Good work John and Good work Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts for mentioning it.

9. John says:

Hey Howard Davidson Arlington Massachusetts,

I am a big fan of John Wall, I love reading and commenting on anything that is about him. You have captured the mood of this commercial and around it accurately with your words. Good work on that. I hope he does more of this stuff in future as well.